- Remove the green protective cap.
STEP 1: BEFORE USING A CYSTADROPS BOTTLE FOR THE FIRST TIME
- Before opening, store CYSTADROPS in the refrigerator.
- Check the expiration date on the CYSTADROPS bottle before use. Do not use CYSTADROPS if the expiration date has passed.
- After opening a CYSTADROPS bottle, allow it to reach room temperature before using it for the first time and write the date of opening in the space provided on the carton.
- Wash your hands carefully in order to avoid contamination of the contents in the bottle.
- Remove the metal seal.
- Remove the gray stopper.
- Do not touch the opening of the bottle after removing the gray stopper.
- Place the opened bottle on a flat surface.
- Take the dropper out of its packaging. Do not touch the end of the dropper that will be attached to the bottle.
- Attach the dropper to the bottle. After attaching the dropper to the bottle, do not remove the dropper from the bottle.
- Make sure that you do not lose the small white cap that comes on the top of the dropper.
STEP 2: BEFORE USING CYSTADROPS
- Check the opening date that you wrote down on the carton. Do not use CYSTADROPS if more than 7 days have passed since the opening date.
- Get the CYSTADROPS dropper bottle, mirror, and tissue.
- Wash your hands.
STEP 3: USING THE CYSTADROPS DROPPER BOTTLE
- Twist the small white cap to remove it from the dropper. Do not throw the small white cap away.
- Hold the CYSTADROPS dropper bottle with the dropper pointing down, between your thumb and fingers. If no medicine fills the dropper, move the CYSTADROPS dropper bottle up and down until medicine fills the dropper.
- Tilt your head back. Pull down your lower eyelid with a clean finger and look up. The medicine will go into the space between your lower eyelid and your eye.
- Use the mirror to help you bring the dropper bottle tip close to the eye.
- Do not let the CYSTADROPS dropper touch your eyelids or any other surfaces.
- Gently squeeze the dropper to release one drop of CYSTADROPS.
- If a drop misses your eye, try again.
- After using CYSTADROPS, press a finger into the corner of your eye by your nose, then gently massage your upper eyelid to spread the eye drop over your eye.
- Remove any medicine around the eye with a tissue.
- Repeat STEP 3 for the other eye.
- Replace the small white cap on the dropper immediately after use.
OTHER THINGS TO KNOW
- Use CYSTADROPS exactly as your healthcare provider tells you to use it.
- CYSTADROPS is for use in the eyes.
- Wash your hands before each use.
- If you use CYSTADROPS with other eye medicines, you should wait at least 10 minutes between using CYSTADROPS and your other eye medicines.
- If you wear contact lenses, remove them before using CYSTADROPS. You should wait at least 15 minutes after using CYSTADROPS, before placing your contact lenses back in your eyes.
- To minimize the risk of contamination, do not let the CYSTADROPS dropper touch your eyelids or any other surfaces.
- Before opening, store new, unopened CYSTADROPS in the refrigerator between 36°F to 46°F (2°C to 8°C).
- After first opening, store opened CYSTADROPS at room temperature between 68°F to 77°F (20°C to 25°C). Do not refrigerate after opening.
- Keep CYSTADROPS in the original carton to protect from light.
- Keep the CYSTADROPS bottle dropper tightly closed when not in use.
- Throw away any unused CYSTADROPS 7 days after opening.
- Keep CYSTADROPS and all medicines out of the reach of children.